Sunday 19 September 2010

Ahhh ... Spring!


Ahem ... yes a time of massive reproduction in the garden!

And with these phallic fellas, it's hard not to see sex everywhere ;)

Mind you, it's the female asparagus that produces the fattest spears! I have grown these babies from seed, so they are two years old (I think). I have left the cutting down to next season as it is not good to do this too early. With weeds, neglect and gardener's laziness, a number of spears still popped up. I did pinch one to taste and it was delicious - crisp and light - no tough skin.


Daffodil flowers in a pot - for sheer perfume and visual pleasure!



A polyanthus that flowers madly every year a happy escapee from a pot.




Peach blossom. Sadly my peach has been affected by leaf curl ...



and it's too late to do anything about it this season. I've just pulled off some leaves, sprayed it and fed it with seaweed tonic and hope for the best.



At least the Cercis (Forest pansy) is happy!

No comments: